ASUS PRIME B460M-A LGA 1200 Intel B460 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
- Intel® LGA 1200 socket: Ready for 10th Gen Intel® Core™ processors.
- ASUS OptiMem: Careful routing of traces and vias to preserve signal integrity for improved memory stability.
- Fan Xpert 2+: Flexible controls for ultimate cooling and quietness, plus GPU-temperature sensing for cooler gaming.
- 5X Protection III: Multiple hardware safeguards for all-round protection.
- Ultrafast connectivity: Supreme flexibility with native M.2 support for Lightning-fast storage speeds.
- Aura Sync RGB: Synchronizable LED effects across a vast portfolio of compatible PC gear, including addressable RGB strips.
- PS/2 combo port
- 2 x USB 2.0
- 4 x USB 3.2 Gen1 port
- Realtek LAN
- PCI Express 3.0
- ASUS SafeSlot Core+ support
- Audio Features
- Audio Shielding
- Premium Japanese Audio Capacitors
- Dedicated Audio PCB Layers
- DIGI+ VRM & EPU
- DDR4 2933/2800/2666/2400/2133
- LGA 1200 Socket
Intel® 10th Gen Processor
- 2 x Front USB 3.2 Gen 1
- 1 x M.2 2280 PCIE 3.0 x 4 & SATA mode
- 1 x M.2 2280 (PCIe3.0 x4 mode) Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
- Intel® B460 Chipset
- SATA 6Gb/s ports
- RGB header
- 4 x Front USB 2.0
Comprehensive controls form the foundation of the ASUS Prime series. The Prime B460 motherboard packs flexible tools to tune every aspect of your system, enabling you to tweak performance settings to perfectly match the way you work – maximizing your productivity.
The renowned ASUS UEFI BIOS provides everything you need to configure, tweak and tune your system. It offers intelligently simplified options for PC DIY beginners, as well as comprehensive features for seasoned veterans.
Advanced Tuning for Serious Tweakers
An intuitive Advanced mode offered via the UEFI lets you take complete control. A built-in search feature makes it easy to find options, and various Advanced functions let you intelligently make nuanced adjustments so you can dial in performance just the way you want.
Quick and Simple Setup
EZ mode displays vital settings and stats and also offers guided wizards, drag-and-drop functionality, and one-click application of important settings — all to help you get your rig up and running in no time.
Prime B460 series is engineered with multiple onboard heatsinks and an array of hybrid fan headers to ensure your rig stays cool and stable under intense workloads.
Cooler by Design
Prime B460 series features comprehensive cooling controls that are configurable via Fan Xpert 2+ software or via the UEFI BIOS.
Prime B460 series is built to handle the additional cores and increased bandwidth of 10th Generation Intel® Core™ processors. A B460 motherboard provides all the fundamentals to boost daily productivity, so your system will be ready for action with stable power, intuitive cooling and flexible transfer options.
Revisions to the motherboard's trace routing provide the latest Intel processors with unrestricted access to memory bandwidth. ASUS OptiMem technology carefully maps memory signal pathways across different PCB layers to reduce vias and adds shielding zones that significantly reduce crosstalk.
Prime B460 series adds the nuanced details that improve every experience, from exclusive codecs that provide pristine audio quality to intuitive RGB lighting controls that let you customize your system to create a uniquely personal look.
Combined onboard features deliver elevated audio
Intelligent design and premium hardware create audio quality unlike anything you've ever experienced.
Separates analog/digital signal domains, significantly reducing multi-lateral interference.
Ensures minimal crosstalk between audio paths.
Premium parts provide an immersive sound signature, with exceptional fidelity.
Armoury Crate is a new software utility designed to give you centralized control of supported products. From a single intuitive interface, Armoury Crate allows you to easily customize RGB lighting and effects for every compatible device in your arsenal. The software also provides control of settings for ASUS products, including keyboard and mouse preferences. Armoury Crate even features dedicated product registration and highlight to help you stay in touch with the ASUS community.
SafeSlot is the PCIe slot reinvented by ASUS and engineered to provide superior retention and shearing resistance. Manufactured via a new insert-molding process, SafeSlot integrates fortifying metal for an inherently stronger slot, which is then firmly anchored to the PCB through additional solder points.
World-class circuit-protecting power design
An exclusive circuit design with built-in voltage regulators to protect your motherboard from damage caused by unexpected high-level voltages from unstable or inferior power supplies.
Short-circuit damage prevention
Onboard resettable fuses prevent overcurrent and short-circuit damage. This extends beyond I/O ports to DRAM to safeguard the lifespan of your system and connected devices.
3X corrosion-resistance for greater durability
Corrosion-resistant stainless-steel back I/O panels bonded with chromium oxide have a lifespan that's three times longer than ordinary panels.
Pumped-up throughput 2.5X higher surge tolerance
ASUS LANGuard is a hardware-level network protection feature that integrates advanced signal-coupling technology and premium anti-EMI surface-mounted capacitors to improve throughput and ensure a more reliable connection.
Compatible devices and components
The Prime B460 series provides superior compatibility with thousands of components and our Qualified Vendor List (QVL) identifies memory compatibility, giving you more choices for worry-free PC-building experiences.
Every ASUS motherboards is subjected to more than 8,000 hours of stringent tests, including burn-in, environmental, compatibility, software and safety tests to confirm their durability. ASUS reliability surpasses industry standards, ensuring that every component is designed to function flawlessly in any environment.
Ensures components withstand extreme conditions.
Thermal measurement tests
Ensures that the system remains cool and stable under the heaviest loads.
Every port and connector is put through repeated installation cycles.
Up to 48-hour aging test ensures reliability.
Checked for world-class energy efficiency.
Temperature and DC margin tests
Ensures that the motherboard is capable of coping with voltages fluctuations caused by varying temperatures.
Ensures ability to survive temperature changes during transportation.
Non-operation shock tests
Built to withstand jolts that may occur during shipping.
Every component is checked to ensure flawless operation.
Connector placement is double-checked to ensure hassle-free installation.
Drop tests from various heights ensure durability.
Salt and spray tests
Tested for I/O reliability, prolonged lifespan and rust-resistance.
- Products certified by the Federal Communications Commission and Industry Canada will be distributed in the United States and Canada. Please visit the ASUS USA and ASUS Canada websites for information about locally available products.
- All specifications are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers. Products may not be available in all markets.
- Specifications and features vary by model, and all images are illustrative. Please refer to specification pages for full details.
- PCB color and bundled software versions are subject to change without notice.
- Brand and product names mentioned are trademarks of their respective companies.
- Specifications and features vary by model, and all images are illustrative. Please refer specification pages for full details.
- *Precise specifications and features vary by model . Please refer to the specification page
- The product (electrical , electronic equipment, Mercury-containing button cell battery) should not be placed in municipal waste. Check local regulations for disposal of electronic products.
- The use of trademark symbol (TM, ®) appears on this website means that the word text, trademarks, logos or slogans, is being used as trademark under common laws protection and/or registered as Trademark in U.S. and/or other country/region.
ASUS aspires to deliver the incredible in everything it does. With more than 17,000 employees around the globe with a world-class R&D team of 5,500 engineers, ASUS is dedicated to the design and manufacture of products that perfectly meet the needs of today’s (and tomorrow’s) digital home and office. ASUS’ broad portfolio includes motherboards, graphics cards, displays, desktop PCs, all-in-one PCs, laptops, servers, wireless networking devices, tablets, smartphones and wearables. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, the company won 4,385 awards and earned approximately US$13.3 billion of revenue in 2016.
© 2020 ASUS Computer International. All Rights Reserved. ASUS is a registered trademark of ASUSTeK Computer. All specifications and terms are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers on selected models. Products may not be available in all markets. Product may not be exactly as shown in photos. Actual colors may differ from their appearance due to variation of monitor restrictions and color processing. All trademarks are registered to their respective companies. ASUS shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
|Number of Memory Slots||4×288pin|
|Memory Standard||DDR4 2933/ 2800/ 2666/ 2400/ 2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory *
* 10th Gen Intel Core i9/i7 CPUs support 2933/ 2800/ 2666/ 2400/ 2133 natively, Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
|Maximum Memory Supported||128GB|
|PCI Express 3.0 x16||1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 mode)|
|PCI Express x1||2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1|
|Audio Chipset||Realtek ALC887|
|Audio Channels||7.1 Channels
* Choose the chassis with HD audio module in front panel to support 8-channel audio output.
|LAN Chipset||Realtek RTL8111H|
|Max LAN Speed||10/100/1000Mbps|
|Back I/O Ports||1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port(s)
1 x DVI-D
1 x DisplayPort
1 x HDMI
1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
4 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A
2 x USB 2.0
3 x Audio jack(s)
|Onboard USB||1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 (up to 5Gbps) connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.2 Gen 1 port(s)
2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
|Other Connectors||1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4-pin)
1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s) (1 x 4-pin)
2 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (2 x 4-pin)
1 x AAFP connector
2 x Aura RGB Strip Header(s)
1 x SPI TPM header
1 x LPT header
1 x S/PDIF out header(s)
1 x System panel(s) (Chassis intrusion header is inbuilt)
1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
1 x COM port header
|Form Factor||Micro ATX|
|Dimensions (W x L)||9.6" x 9.2"|
|Power Pin||1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
ASUS Exclusive Software
AI Suite 3
- Performance And Power Saving Utility
Fan Xpert 2+
- EZ update
Norton Anti-virus software (Free Trial for 60 days)
ASUS EZ DIY
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
- ASUS EZ Flash 3
- ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode
ASUS Special Features:
ASUS 5X PROTECTION III
- ASUS DIGI+ VRM
- ASUS LANGuard
- ASUS Overvoltage Protection
- ASUS Safeslot
- ASUS Stainless-Steel Back I/O
- ASUS Q-DIMM
- Standard RGB header(s)
128MB Flash ROM, UEFI AMI BIOS
WOL by PME, PXE
Windows 10 64-bit
2 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
1 x M.2 Screw Package
1 x Supporting DVD
|Date First Available||May 14, 2020|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.