ASUS Prime Z390-A LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z390 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel LGA 1151 ATX motherboard with AI Overclocking, DDR4 4266 MHz, Dual M.2, HDMI, Intel Optane memory ready, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C
- AI overclocking: Quickly optimizes your CPU performance based on the CPU and cooler, achieving results that are extremely close to manual tuning by experts.
- OptiMem II: Careful routing of traces and vias, plus ground layer optimizations to preserve signal integrity for improved memory overclocking
- Enhanced power solution: Premium components provide better power efficiency
- UEFI BIOS: New UEFI options include a search function that allows you to find settings easily
- Industry-leading cooling options: Comprehensive controls for fans and AIO pump, via Fan Xpert 4 or the acclaimed UEFI
- M.2 heatsink: Ultra-efficient heatsink reduces M.2 SSD temperatures by up to 20°C for unthrottled transfer speeds and enhanced reliability
- Next-gen connectivity: Supreme flexibility with Intel Optane memory ready, Intel® RST support, Thunderbolt 3 header and dual M.2 support
- ASUS Aura Sync: Controllable onboard RGB lighting easily syncs with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable hardware
- Products certified by the Federal Communications Commission and Industry Canada will be distributed in the United States and Canada. Please visit the ASUS USA and ASUS Canada websites for information about locally available products.
- All specifications are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers. Products may not be available in all markets.
- Specifications and features vary by model, and all images are illustrative. Please refer to specification pages for full details.
- PCB color and bundled software versions are subject to change without notice.
- Brand and product names mentioned are trademarks of their respective companies.
- Specifications and features vary by model, and all images are illustrative. Please refer specification pages for full details.
- *Precise specifications and features vary by model . Please refer to the specification page
- The product (electrical , electronic equipment, Mercury-containing button cell battery) should not be placed in municipal waste. Check local regulations for disposal of electronic products.
- The use of trademark symbol (TM, ®) appears on this website means that the word text, trademarks, logos or slogans, is being used as trademark under common laws protection and/or registered as Trademark in U.S. and/or other country/region.
ASUS aspires to deliver the incredible in everything it does. With more than 17,000 employees around the globe with a world-class R&D team of 5,500 engineers, ASUS is dedicated to the design and manufacture of products that perfectly meet the needs of today’s (and tomorrow’s) digital home and office. ASUS’ broad portfolio includes motherboards, graphics cards, displays, desktop PCs, all-in-one PCs, laptops, servers, wireless networking devices, tablets, smartphones and wearables. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, the company won 4,385 awards and earned approximately US$13.3 billion of revenue in 2016.
© 2019 ASUS Computer International. All Rights Reserved. ASUS is a registered trademark of ASUSTeK Computer. All specifications and terms are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers on selected models. Products may not be available in all markets. Product may not be exactly as shown in photos. Actual colors may differ from their appearance due to variation of monitor restrictions and color processing. All trademarks are registered to their respective companies. ASUS shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained
|PCI Express 3.0 x16||2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16, x8/x8, x8/x4+x4*, x8+x4+x4/x0**) ***
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (max at x4 mode) ****
* For 2 SSD on CPU support, install a Hyper M.2 X16 card (sold separately) into the PCIeX16_2 slot, enable this card under BIOS settings.
** For 3 SSD on CPU support, install a Hyper M.2 X16 card (sold separately) into the PCIeX16_1 slot, enable this card under BIOS settings.
*** PCIEX16_1 slot supports up to 3 Intel PCIe NVME SSDs via a Hyper M.2 X16 series Card. *****
**** The PCIe x16_3 slot shares bandwidth with SATA_5 and SATA_6. The PCIe x16_3 is default set at x2 mode.
***** Hyper M.2 X16 series card sold separately. Install a Hyper M.2 X16 series card and enable this card under BIOS settings.
|PCI Express x1||3 x PCI Express 3.0/2.0 x1 slots|
|Audio Chipset||Realtek ALC S1220A High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 3|
|Audio Channels||8 Channels|
|LAN Chipset||Intel I219-V|
|Max LAN Speed||10/100/1000Mbps|
|Back I/O Ports||1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port(s)
1 x DisplayPort
1 x HDMI
1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
3 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 (teal blue) Type-A
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C
2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (blue) Type-A
2 x USB 2.0
1 x Optical S/PDIF out
5 x Audio jack(s)
|Onboard USB||1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 front panel Type-C connector
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (up to 5Gbps) connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s)
3 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 6 USB 2.0 port(s)
|Other Connectors||2 x Aura RGB Strip Headers
1 x TPM header
1 x COM port(s) connector(s)
1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4-pin)
1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s) (1 x 4-pin)
2 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (2 x 4-pin)
1 x AIO_PUMP connector (1 x 4-pin)
1 x W_PUMP+ connector
1 x Thunderbolt header (5-pin) for ASUS ThunderboltEX series support
1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
1 x System panel(s) (Q-Connector)
1 x MemOK! II switch(es)
1 x CPU OV
1 x Power-on button(s)
1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
1 x Node Connector(s)
1 x EXT_Fan header
1 x Thermal sensor connector
1 x M.2 Fan Header
|Dimensions (W x L)||12.0" x 9.6"|
|Power Pin||1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
Supports NVIDIA 2-Way SLI Technology
Supports AMD 3-Way CrossFireX Technology
5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5
- 5-Way Optimization tuning key perfectly consolidates TPU, EPU, DIGI+ VRM, Fan Xpert 4, and Turbo Core App
- Procool Power connector design
- Auto Tuning, TPU, GPU Boost
- Fan Xpert 4 featuring Fan Auto Tuning function and multiple thermistors selection for optimized system cooling control
ASUS 5X Protection III:
- ASUS SafeSlot Core: Fortified PCIe Slot prevents damage
- ASUS LANGuard: Protects against LAN surges, lightning strikes and static-electricity discharges!
- ASUS Overvoltage Protection: World-class circuit-protecting power design
- ASUS Stainless-Steel Back I/O: 3X corrosion-resistance for greater durability!
ASUS Optimem II:
- Improved DDR4 Stability
ASUS Exclusive Features:
- MemOK! II
- AI Suite 3
- Ai Charger
ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution:
- Stylish Fanless Design Heat-sink solution & MOS Heatsink
- ASUS Fan Xpert 4
ASUS EZ DIY:
- ASUS O.C. Tuner
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
- ASUS EZ Flash 3
- ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode
- ASUS Q-Shield
- ASUS Q-LED (CPU, DRAM, VGA, Boot Device LED)
- ASUS Q-Slot
- ASUS Q-DIMM
- ASUS Q-Connector
AURA: RGB Lighting Control
- featuring system performance tuning for selected applications
M.2 Onboard (The latest transfer technologies with up to 32Gb/s data transfer speeds)
128MB Flash ROM, UEFI AMI BIOS, PnP, SM BIOS 3.1, ACPI 6.1, Multi-language BIOS, ASUS EZ Flash 3, CrashFree BIOS 3, F11 AI OC Guide, F6 Qfan Control, F3 My Favorites, Last Modified log, F9 Search, F12 PrintScreen, and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information
WfM 2.0, DMI 3.0, WOL by PME, PXE
ASUS EZ Update
Anti-virus software (OEM version)
Windows 10 64-bit
3 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
1 x M.2 Screw Package
1 x SLI HB BRIDGE (2-WAY-M)
1 x Q-Connector
1 x SCD
1 x CPU Fan Holder
|Parts||30 DAYS WARRANTY|
|Labor||30 DAYS WARRANTY|
|Date First Available||October 08, 2018|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.